Sunday, November 13, 2011

I love it when a pen starts this way

My friend Phil sets this down in front of me and says make me a pen.


It was a desk pens that had seen much better days so now I can have some fun and make a new pen.
It is a 14k Eversharp nib.  I was able to get a 9mm thread on the ebonite section, so now for a filling system and then we can start the body.


Section all fitted to the body of the pen.
Phil wanted a step back on where the threads started so I started the threads back 7mm from where the vintage section ends.


Well I really like this nib and almost wish that it was mine.  Oh well at least I have a couple of weeks to play with it.



I made it in the Piccolo style with a slight taper on both ends.
All in all I am quite pleased with how it all turned out.



No comments: